General and Preventive Dentistry for Happy Valley
Preventive care is essential for anyone who wants to enjoy a beautiful smile and optimal oral health. As preventive dentists for the Happy Valley area, Dr. Donnelly and Dr. Nomie have the combined expertise to help area patients enjoy a lifetime of healthy smiles.
Patients of all ages should see a dentist twice a year—or every six months—for routine checkups. During every checkup, Dr. Nomie or Dr. Donnelly will complete a thorough oral health exam and recommend personalized care based on what they find. By diagnosing and treating small problems like tooth decay or gum disease early, we can prevent them from having a big impact.
If you need oral surgery, we will happily discuss your procedure in depth and answer any questions you might have. If you’d like to use oral sedation with your procedure, we can to discuss how it works and the benefits you can enjoy with it. We may also recommend preventive services like dental sealants or fluoride treatments to provide your little one’s teeth with extra protection from decay.
Caring for Your Smile between Visits
Caring for your smile between visits is just as essential as maintaining regular checkups. We recommend brushing at least twice a day, or after every meal, if you can. We also recommend flossing once a day to remove leftover plaque and debris from your mouth. Finally, consider rinsing with a quality mouthwash. Some mouthwashes are designed to control bacteria while others can provide you with much-needed fluoride to strengthen your smile.
Technology and Patient Comforts
We believe that our patients deserve the best of modern dentistry. Dr. Donnelly and Dr. Nomie have equipped our Happy Valley dental office with state-of-the-art tools and technology to deliver safe, comfortable dental care.
- Digital X-Rays - We take digital X-rays instead of traditional X-rays because they expose patients to less radiation and are immediately available to view.
- Intraoral Cameras - During your exam, we'll use our intraoral camera to take pictures inside your mouth. Dr. Donnelly or Dr. Nomie will use these images to explain your needs and treatment solutions.
- Sedation Dentistry - Our dentists use nitrous oxide and oral sedation to calm nerves and promote a relaxing, comfortable dental care experience. We also offer sleep dentistry.
- Metal Disposal - We use an environmentally friendly machine to remove potentially harmful compounds from metal fillings and prevent these materials from reaching local water supplies. Very few practices use this technology because it's not directly related to patient care. But it's an extra step and expense that we gladly undertake to protect our environment and give our patients peace of mind. This forward-thinking measure earned our practice a Best Business Award from the City of Portland.
- Amenities - For your enjoyment, headphones, massage pads for exam chairs, and comfortable pillows and blankets.
- DIAGNOdent - Dr. Nomie and Dr. Donnelly use DIAGNOdent, a non-invasive dental laser, to quickly and accurately diagnose decay and areas vulnerable to decay.